On the first Saturday of every month, the local “HAMS” gather at the parking lot of the PETERSON CENTER 6455 Dean Martin Drive. The swap meet is a non-sponsored event. It is held rain or shine and on holidays. There is no charge to set up and sell at this gathering. Selling begins at sunrise and typically runs 2-3 hours, depending on the amount of items and buyers present.
Swap meet space is generously provided by:Houdini Magic Shops, Munari Auctions, and KIYQ 107.1 FM
Gene Munari K7MGM
Some members are reporting listening on-air through WebDSR (link here) while transmitting from their amateur stations in order to hear signals masked by locally-heavy QRM, such as a Part 15 non-compliant residential solar electric system.
SUN CITY SUMMERLIN AMATEUR RADIO “Reminder Message” FROM Ken Johnson, W7BES- Repeater Trustee
Radio Net and Coffee Meeting Schedule and events: Mark on your calendar or post Reminder Message.
- Sun City Repeater Net every Monday at 7pm- Sun City Repeater, Transmit Frequency 447.475 MHz, Receive Frequency 442.475 MHz, PL 110.8 Hz, Repeater Location Summerlin Pinnacle.
- Sun City HAM Coffee get-together every 3rd Wednesday at 2pm- Location- Millers Tavern at Palm Valley Golf Course, 9201 Del Webb Blvd. We have a great group, come and enjoy. Sun City and visiting HAMS and future to be HAMS are invited. Bring your HT
- Neighborhood Watch/Preparedness Meetings-Every 3rd Wednesday at 9 am. Desert Vista, Room # 2. Attend meeting if possible, we need Sun City AMATEURS representation in the Preparedness Group.
Purpose as Amateur radio operators in Sun City Summerlin, also known as HAM radio operators, describes the use of radio frequency spectrum for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, private recreation, radio sport, contesting, and emergency communication in public safety. Our purpose is to support any Sun City communication requests from the Sun City Association, Neighborhood/Watch-Preparedness, or special event support.
CQ, CQ CQ – ATTENTION SUN CITY RADIO OPERATORS: COMING EVENTS
A REMINDER NOTICE OF THIS WEEKS SUN CITY AMATEUR RADIO ACTIVITIES:
- TODAY, MONDAY APRIL 1ST (APRIL FOOLS DAY)- THIS IS NOT AN APRIL DAY JOKE FOR TODAY IS THE SUN CITY AMATEUR RADIO NET AT 7 pm. KJ6MW, JOHN IS NET CONTROL. THIS IS FOR ALL SUN CITY AND VISITOR HAMS, CHECK-IN.
- WEDNESDAY APRIL 17TH – NEIBORHOOD WATCH-REPAREDNESS MEETING – TIME 9 am – LOCATION DESERT VISTA-ROOM # 2. PLEASE COME, WE NEED TO REPRESENTATION OF SUN CITY AMATEURS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SUN CITY ACTIVITIES AND REQUESTS.
- ALSO, WEDNEDAY APRIL 17TH IS THE COFFEE GATHERING AT MILLERS TAVERN @ 2 pm.
- GREETINGS TO THE NEW HAMS ON THE NOTIFIACATION LIST, AND THANKS TO BRUCE, KF4SOM FOR A GREAT JOB IN MAINTAINING THE AMATEUR RADIO SUB COMMITTEE ROSTER AND LISTING THE INTERESTED FUTURE HAMS. GOOD JOB!
KEN -73, W7BES w
CERT stands for Citizen Emergency Response Team. For Sun City, our emergency services are coordinated by the City of Las Vegas. Starting in May, the City will conduct classes to become certified CERT volunteers. Classes will be held near Mountain View Hospital. More details are available at our upcoming April 17, 2019 meeting at Desert Vista of the Neighborhood Preparedness Team. You can also sign up for the classes here:
We have a ham radio net every Tuesday at 2000 (8pm) on our Sun City repeater (447.475 MHz transmit, 442.475 MHz receive, PL 110.8hz). Join us!
Every third Wednesday of the month, we meet for coffee and an agenda as the Neighborhood Preparedness Team, Amateur Radio Subcommittee. Desert Vista Room #3 @2:00 PM
We meet every third Wednesday of the month at Miller’s Tavern at Palm Valley Golf Course, 9201 Del Webb Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89134 at 1400 (2pm). Bring your radio!