SUN CITY SUMMERLIN AMATEUR RADIO “Reminder Message” FROM Ken Johnson, W7BES- Repeater Trustee
Radio Net and Coffee Meeting Schedule and events: Mark on your calendar or post Reminder Message.
- Sun City Repeater Net every Monday at 7pm- Sun City Repeater, Transmit Frequency 447.475 MHz, Receive Frequency 442.475 MHz, PL 110.8 Hz, Repeater Location Summerlin Pinnacle.
- Sun City HAM Coffee get-together every 3rd Wednesday at 2pm- Location- Millers Tavern at Palm Valley Golf Course, 9201 Del Webb Blvd. We have a great group, come and enjoy. Sun City and visiting HAMS and future to be HAMS are invited. Bring your HT
- Neighborhood Watch/Preparedness Meetings-Every 3rd Wednesday at 9 am. Desert Vista, Room # 2. Attend meeting if possible, we need Sun City AMATEURS representation in the Preparedness Group.
Purpose as Amateur radio operators in Sun City Summerlin, also known as HAM radio operators, describes the use of radio frequency spectrum for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, private recreation, radio sport, contesting, and emergency communication in public safety. Our purpose is to support any Sun City communication requests from the Sun City Association, Neighborhood/Watch-Preparedness, or special event support.
CQ, CQ CQ – ATTENTION SUN CITY RADIO OPERATORS: COMING EVENTS
A REMINDER NOTICE OF THIS WEEKS SUN CITY AMATEUR RADIO ACTIVITIES:
- MONDAY APRIL 15th- THE SUN CITY AMATEUR RADIO NET AT 7 pm. KJ6MW, JOHN IS NET CONTROL. THIS IS FOR ALL SUN CITY AND VISITOR HAMS, CHECK-IN.
- WEDNESDAY APRIL 17TH – NEIBORHOOD WATCH-PREPAREDNESS MEETING – TIME 9 am – LOCATION DESERT VISTA-ROOM # 2. PLEASE COME, WE NEED TO REPRESENT SUN CITY AMATEURS AVAILABLE FOR SUN CITY ACTIVITIES AND REQUESTS.
- ALSO, WEDNEDAY APRIL 17TH IS THE COFFEE GATHERING AT MILLERS TAVERN @ 2 pm.
- GREETINGS TO THE NEW HAMS ON THE NOTIFICATION LIST, AND THANKS TO BRUCE, KF4SOM FOR A GREAT JOB IN MAINTAINING THE AMATEUR RADIO SUB COMMITTEE ROSTER AND LISTING THE INTERESTED FUTURE HAMS. GOOD JOB!
Subjects that will be brought up at the coffee meeting: I went to the Clark County ARES/RACES Training meeting last Saturday and some interesting topics were brought up I want to share.
– Las Vegas National Weather Service will provide Spotter/SKYWARN Training for Sun City Neighborhood Watch/Preparedness and Amateur Radio Operators. The purpose for this is to supply local and outlying area in supplying weather reports to the LV NWS during incumbent weather. Anyone interested resident or visitors are invited.
– A SkyWarn Training course will be conducted for Amateur Radio Operators at the Government Building, May 11 at 9:00 am. If any radio operators, Sun City or visitor HAMS contact Ken Johnson, W7BES by the repeater or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NWS would like to have the Fire Station 107 activated on actual alerts.
– Don Backstrom, AA7AU of the Henderson Amateur Radio Club approached me at to if Sun City Amateur Radio Group would be interested in being involved in the HAM MESH Net, an Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network. It is a project we should investigate, I really do not have much information of it, but Don would sure want us to look into it. For more information on it you can look at the HARC: www.w7hen.com. I may have more information by Wednesdays gathering.
KEN -73, W7BES